Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

How do I remove the cover over 3rd brake light unit?

karimee

City
Georgetown
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta
I have a 2016 Fiesta 4-door sedan. I need to replace one of the bulbs in the 3rd brake light. It is located inside and at the top of the rear window. All videos I've found shows a cover with screws, but mine doesn't have screws. It also doesn't have any visible slots for possible prying. Please help!! I need to get this fixed before I go to update my tags.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Look at your headliner - towards the rear - on both sides of that brake light - do you have interior "button cap"?

In some of those vids, I see your problem - it's an entire cap that leaves the holes exposed for the Torx driver to remove the two bolts.

However, in some sedans - the headliner covers the light - and there are two trim faster caps - like oversized flat button caps - that when you carefully pry them off - will let you drop the headliner and show the light and it too uses 3-push pin type button fasteners to hold it in place.

1706834595473.png

These might be where you pry off those buttons which are really trim fasteners which then frees up the headliner to allow you to bring down the 3-rd level brake light and get at the bulbs.

IF I remember correctly as I worked with another poster in a similar situation of having to replace the sedan version of that upper brake light - they had trim fasteners that when removed allowed the owner the ability to bow down the upper liner and get at the light - they wound up replacing it (whole thing) due to another condition with it.

Last edited:
OP
K

karimee

City
Georgetown
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Thank you. This is definitely more promising than everything I've seen online. I'll check it out tomorrow in the daylight. Fingers crossed!