Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011 ford fiesta hatchback battery

Ally

City
Jerseyville
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 ford fiesta hatchback
I had a new battery put in at auto zone, and now my clock has reset itself back to 2010. I'm thinking maybe after new battery put in something needs to be reset, but I don't know what, or how.
Please help if you can.
Thank you
Ally

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You need to go into the vehicle menu and reset the clock and calendar. Push the "menu"button and scroll down.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you re-place the battery, the system "loses" memory of what time it was and date, and it will default to the Original creation profile and date stored in it's own memory and the clocks start again from there.

You can reset the clock to your correct time and zone as well as the date but some simpler memory of fuel trim and idle-speed might be affected but the "tables" it uses to provide trim and power curve and deliver including the shift points are pre-set back to original.

There may be a few hiccups while driving but they should smooth out after some drive cycles of start - run - drive - the stop-start and shift up and shift down of your driving habits are relearned.

But if it's having consistent quirks then you might want to see a service department.

Do you have a simple "Code Scanner" tool? It's a dongle thing you can get (Borrow-for-free or even rent more elaborate ones) at a local autoparts store to see why you may have a Check Engine light. IF you don't have a Check Engine light - then this might be a moot point - but it should also be able to let you see I/M monitors so as the system relearns, you can use this tool while you drive to record - so you can review and before you shut off the motor for the day, Use it's MENU function to locate and review the I/M monitors - anything that says NOT READY means just that - anything that says Not Applicable or N/A means that the car didn't come with it so don't worry about those, the NOT READY ones are important - for those are the sub-systems and when the battery is changed - all these sub-systems have to re-learn and also communicate to the other sub-systems - this tool can help you understand and even help localize issues you may have when you replace the battery - for if the charging system or starting - even the Emission system - can generate running and idle problems - these would show up and cause a NOT READY condition. The NOT READY would change to READY over time and those drive cycles help with this, but if you run into problems with NOT READY in some areas and it won't change to READY - might set a Check Engine light if you don't have this checked.