Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Rattle behind instrument cluster/firewall - 2012 Fiesta

Wiggy

I own a 2012 Fiesta. There is a pretty loud rattle that comes from the front left. It sounds like it is on the other side of the firewall in the engine compartment. it is louder when it is cold outside and is most noticeable when moving around 30-45 mph. This rattle has been there since day 1 but is getting louder now. When others ride in my car they always ask what is wrong with it. I see info online that indicates it may be gear rattle in the transmission. The car is on its 2nd transmission build. 3rd gear failed at 3600 miles and the dealer rebuilt it.

Any ideas what this is or how to approach it? I made note of it on my last service at the dealer but they said they were unable to duplicate the problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi Wiggy, seeing that this is your second transmission build I wouldn't be surprised if its transmission related. Have you tried to reach out to Ford directly about this issue?

Try contacting Meagan at FORD SERVICE.
p: 800.392.FORD